Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Tumbleweeds and Twilight

Uh, hi. Yeah, I don't post much at all. I am going to try posting more this year, but that's what I said last year. So there's that.

Also, on FaceBook, I've seen this:
"97% of teens would cry if they saw Robert Pattison (Edward Cullen from Twilight) standing on top of a sky scraper, about to jump. If you're one of the 3% who would sit there eating pop corn screaming "DO A FLIP YOU SPARKLY FAGGOT!" then copy and paste this as your status"

Now, as much as I know I shouldn't be doing this, I have to point out all the flaws in this.

First: Are people that bastardly that they would try and convince and actor to commit suicide JUST because they play a character in a movie? I mean, I wouldn't cry, but c'mon. That's just cold. And anyway, he's made it pretty clear that he hates the book and thinks all the fans are complete balls-insane. He's on our side, for god sake!

Second: Those statistics are messed up as all hell. For seriously. 3% of people aged 13-19 would enjoy it? (Let's pretend that it's Stephanie Meyer on the building. At least she's the cause of it all.)

In the Australian 2006 census, there's 2,676,807 people aged 5-14, so they'd be 9-18 now, seemingly the target audience of Twilight. 3% of that is 80,304. Eighty-thousand, three-hundred and four. That's not enough to fill the MCG! Are you seriously telling me that there's only that many people in Australia that wouldn't give a damn?! No friggin' way.

1 comment:

  1. Seriously. I hate things like that. RPattz is kinda cool.

    ReplyDelete